Daily Posts...

Sunday, May 21, 2006

An update from Newfoundland

It's amazing how fast the weeks are going by. Already we have been home for three weeks and have only a little more than two months left before heading back to Ontario. They say that time flies when you are having fun. But, I would like to also say that time flies when you are keeping really busy.

For sure working is keeping me on the move. The typical work week is Monday to Friday from 7:00 to 5:30. But, let's just say that my work weeks will probably not be so typical. More than likely the days will end up going beyond 5:30, and include a few Saturdays. But, that is the life of a construction worker, labourer, concrete finisher, gardener, painter, carpenter and landscaper. Let's just say that I'll be the jack-of-all trades for the rest of the summer, and it's keeping me busy.

What else is happening in my life besides all the hours of working. Well, my sister and her family came home from Alberta last Thursday and are home for two weeks. It's so exciting to see them again, and to spend time with the cutest niece and nephew ever!! They are so adorable and growing up so fast. They meant to surprise me and show up at the house Thursday morning, but Riley (my nephew) leaked it out. Too funny. We all went to the cabin yesterday and spent the night. Trouting, sitting around the camp fire, relaxing, watching my little niece dance her little heart out (she is not even two and she is quite the little dancer!) and taking in the great Newfoundland outdoors. Good times, good times.

Also, last Thursday I went to have an eye examination because I have realized that my eyesight is not so keen as it use to be. Well, let's just say that I'll be coming back to Ontario wearing glasses!! Oh well, that's life.

I must be going to take in the rest of the movie that all of us are watching. If you haven't seen the Ringer it's a must see. You would laugh your socks off!! Take care and enjoy the rest of the May 24th weekend. It's off to the pond again tomorrow for me to do some trouting with my dad and nephew. Gotta love it.

Posted by Jason Soper :: 6:08 PM :: 1 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

-------------------------------------