Daily Posts...

Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Art of Worship

Worship.........

A dialogue between a Father and His beloved children.

An expression of honor and reverence to our Creator.......showing devotion, profound love and adoration to the One who gives us breath.

Proclaiming His worthiness with a sense of respect.

Offering praise in adoration...offering praise with a sense of joy.

More than an intellectual and rational response. It is an act of artistic expression, reaching deep into the creativeness that is instilled within, placed there by a Creative God.

An act of confession, laying ones heart before a righteous God.

Simply saying thanks.

Sacrement....celebrating the death, burial, resurrection and ascension of our Saviour.

It is not something extra, it is essential.

It is transcendental.....transcending all barriers.

Life transforming...connecting us with the ultimate source of life.

Rejuvinating.....pouring upon us waters of refreshment.

Healing, bringing forth fullness of life.

Interactive, live, dynamic.

It's about praising God even when he doesn't seem near.

Wholistic, involving body, mind, and soul, a heart and head reaction to God.

Intimate.

Standing before God in praise and prayer, kneeling before Him in adoration, lifting up hands in awe and wonder.

Living one's life in obedience.

It is more than just a song.

Incarnational....manifesting the realities of Christ in the lives of the worshiper...not entertainment....Incarnational

A whole life offering to God, impacting all of our senses, all dimensions of our personality, and all aspects of our lives. A total life response, giving honor to God in all that we do.

It is the root of who we are as believers in Christ.

Shall we never neglect the ministry of worship, an offering to God in praise for the works of His Son through the power of the Holy Spirit as we sing.....

Take my life and let it be consecrated Lord to Thee.
Take my moments and my days; let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands and let them move at the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet, and let them be, swift and beautiful for Thee.
Take my voice and let me sing, always. only, for my King.
Take my lips, and let them be filled with messages from Thee.
Take my silver, and my gold; not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect, and use every power as Thou shalt choose.
Take my will and make it Thine' it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own; it shall be Thy royal throne.
Take my love, my Lord, I pour at Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself, and I will be ever, only all for Thee.
("Take My Life", Frances R. Havergal 1874)
It's a lifestyle!!

Posted by Jason Soper :: 5:26 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

-------------------------------------