Daily Posts...

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Where??

Where am I from? Can you guess? If you know me you can, for others they just can't seem to get it right! I thought for sure that the accent would give it away, yes by' ya knows I'm a Newfie. Yet, quite amazingly it doesn't appear that way for some, and I find it quite hilarious. The list of my "apparent" homelands continues to grow. I've been asked if I am from the states...no I come from a province. I've been asked if I am from Texas.....no never been that far south. Then while I was paying for my meal at the Outback the waitress asked if I was from Australia....no I am not from the great down under. I was quite impressed by all these suggestions...and then yesterday in school another one was added to my list. One of my classmates asked if I was from South Africa!

Isn't that interesting! It's pretty amazing if you ask me, I didn't realize that Newfinese could fit into so many different cultures. So as the list continues to grow (and it most likely will) remember....I'm not an American, or a Texan or even an Aussie, and I am not South African....I am a Canadian from the rugged east coast, born an raised on the rock, and proud to be a Newfie!! So who am I?

Posted by Jason Soper :: 8:01 AM :: 1 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

-------------------------------------