Daily Posts...

Friday, December 29, 2006

Moving into the new year...

It's amazing how fast the holidays have gone by. Christmas was great, getting to spend time with the family, hanging out with my nephew and niece, and just relaxing. Before I know it they will be all grown up, so I really enjoy getting to see them again. I must say that the weather hasn't been too bad, although it is fairly cold, but at least there is snow everywhere which really puts one in the holiday spirit. However, it hasn't actually snowed since I have been here. Apparently, it is too cold for snow, and what is down now is probably going to be all the snow they get!! I also find it amazing how many people drive trucks up here. Look at any parking lot and 90 percent of the vehicles are either trucks or SUV's. But it is understandable once you have tried to drive on the streets in Grand Priarie. Roads hardly plowed, ice and snow covered all week long, and at any given intersection you might have to pull into four wheel drive so that you do not get stuck. It's a real "up north" feel to this place, but nice all the same.

I must say that although the holidays are slipping by, I am excited about begginning school in the New Year. The good Lord provides as everything has fallen into place. My roomate and I now have the keys to our apartment, everything is in place in terms of acceptance into school (although my schedule is a little messed up, lol. Because I transferred courses I may have to do first, second, and third year courses in order to maintain a full course load. It's all good!), and the finances have worked out.

Last night my parents and I went shopping for some things for the apartment, and I must say that I am psyched about moving in. As of now I will be heading into Edmonton on the 5th with my parents to bring all my things down. This will give me a chance to get everything settled away and have a chance to explore the new city a bit before school starts on the 8th. My parents also want to look around the city so this will give them a chance to do so before they head home. I heard that Edmonton is a nice place, and I am sure it will be. Only a matter of time to find out for myself!! I also feel blessed in that I already have several friends made who are already waiting for my arrival. which is a comfort in itself. Looking good, looking good.

So the New Year is on its way with all that it has in store. For sure, this is the start of something good, a time of redifinition and transformation that comes from growing in ones relationship with God and understanding his ways, a time of character shaping and renewal. Thanks for all your prayers, these past two weeks have been the most life changing weeks of my life, a time of discovery that has shown me things I overlooked for many years and I know that I shall look back on this in some future time and realize that God's hand had been in this from the beginning. It's all about having the proper perspective in order to take joy in all of these experiences, knowing full well that you will come out the other side conformed in His likeness, and walking in depenence on His Spirit. Amen and amen.

So have a Happy New Year and I look forward to seeing everyone again. For sure, I will come back to visit all of my great firends. However, you know not the hour, lol!

Posted by Jason Soper :: 5:09 PM :: 6 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

-------------------------------------